Chewy, sweet, addicting Brown Sugar Boba is an easy recipe that only requires a few simple ingredients. Something about homemade boba that is super satisfying! Make these Brown Sugar Boba in bulk and freeze them for up to 1 month!
- 160g Tapioca Starch
- 60g Brown Sugar
- 80ml of Water
- Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1⁄2 cup of Brown Sugar
- In a pot, mix 3 tbsp of Tapioca Flour, 80 ml of water, and 60g of brown sugar. Make sure everything is thoroughly combined before bringing it to the stove.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and keep stirring until it becomes a thick and sticky consistency. Turn the heat off, and add in the remaining tapioca starch. Mix until slightly cooled down and pour onto a clean surface.
- Once it is safe to knead (warm), knead until it becomes a smooth consistency with no lumps. This process takes around 5 minutes. If it is too sticky, you can add in a bit of bit more Tapioca Starch, but make sure to keep kneading.
- Cut into 4 pieces. Roll out each piece and cut it into small pieces. The size depends on how big you prefer your pearls to be. The pearls do expand a little bit once you cook them.
- Roll the pieces into a ball and coat with tapioca starch. At this point, you can freeze the tapioca balls in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Boil a big pot of water and once everything is simmering, add in the tapioca starch. Let it cook on medium heat for 25 minutes. Make sure to stir occasionally, so it doesn’t stick to the bottom. After 25 minutes, put the lid on, turn the heat off and let it rest for another 15 minutes.
- Drain the boba and let it rest in cold water until ready to use.
- To make the thick brown sugar glaze. In a pot, add in 1⁄2 cup of brown sugar and turn the heat up to medium. Heat the brown sugar and mix for 2-3 minutes or until slightly melted. Add in drained boba and mix till it becomes a thick consistency, around another 2-3 minutes.